Colfax PTA Mission Statement:
To positively impact the lives of all children and families.
The Colfax Charter PTA invites you to join us in making a difference in the education and quality of life for not only your child, but also for all children across the country. With your membership, you play an important role in ensuring that our students, teachers and community continue to thrive.
Specifically, the Colfax Charter PTA sponsors many enriching and service based programs such as:
- Holiday Boutique – The PTA transforms the library into a holiday shop for Colfax students. We make it possible for ALL Colfax children to purchase gifts for their families.
- Scholastic Book Fair – The PTA sponsors the book fair and makes sure that ALL children can buy books of their choice.
- Holiday Toy Drive – Each holiday season, the PTA collect toys to distribute to Colfax families in need.
- Parent Workshops – The PTA hosts speakers on topics such as cyber safety, bullying, and childhood anxiety. Workshops are free of charge to our parents.
- Colfax Cares – When a Colfax family or staff member needs a little extra support, the PTA is able to provide help.
- Free Childcare – During evening parent meetings (such as PACE/PTA general meetings and Parent Ed workshops), the PTA provides free childcare, allowing parents to get informed and involved at Colfax.
Statewide and National PTA Programs include:
Legislative Efforts – With the support of the PTA, the state has enacted several laws that benefit our children.
Family Engagement – We help families become more involved in their children’s education.
Health and Safety – We teach about healthy lifestyles, exercise and online safety.
Arts in Education – We encourage students to explore their talents and express themselves.
Whereas PACE operates independently on behalf of Colfax, PTA is a unit of the larger state & national PTA. As such, we are a part of their umbrella organization and benefit from all of the resources they have available. The PTA is the oldest and largest child advocacy association in the United States. Today's PTA is comprised of more than 4 million parents, teachers, grandparents, caregivers, foster parents and other caring adults who share a commitment to improving the education, health, and safety of all children. PTA addresses issues that are important to parents and public school administrators. The organization fights for full funding, quality teachers, and the capabilities necessary for schools to thrive. PTA’s mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children. To learn more about the national PTA organization, click here.
When you become a member, your support will enable these wonderful programs to continue touching the lives of Colfax Charter families and many, many others. We thank you in advance for your generosity, we welcome your membership, and we look forward to supporting you and your family.